LUBE-A-BOOM is a calcium sulfonate complex thickened lubricating grease formulated in a 100 percent synthetic base fluid specifically for use on cranes, aerial lifts, shooting boom forklifts, hydraulic telescoping excavators and material handling equipment.
The synthetic fluid combined with an anti-oxidant provides stability for extended lubrication life. LUBE-A-BOOM is fortified with molybdenum disulfide (moly) as well as PTFE to reduce friction encountered in sliding surfaces. Because LUBE-A-BOOM meets or exceeds the specifications for EP-MPG and WPG grease, it can be used for other lubrication points on the machine.
LUBE-A-BOOM has been tested for compatibility with wear pads and seals on mobile cranes and meets the specifications for Grove Equipment WPG and EP-MPG. LUBE-A-BOOM contains no undesirable additives such as antimony, lead, chlorine, or zinc. Typical characteristic and benefits are listed below.
- Water and saltwater resistance
- Remains free flowing in temperatures as low as -40°F
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Smoother surface contact between wear pads and boom sections
- Compatible with most conventional lubricants
- Reduces friction and improves wear pad life
- Reduces maintenance intervals
- Non-toxic, protecting the user and environmentally friendly
- Outlasts petroleum based greases
- Won’t run or drip in temperatures up to 300°F
- Formulated for telescoping booms
|Thickener Type||Calcium Sulfonate Complex|
|Penetration, D 217 worked 60||265-295|
|Dropping Point, D 2265 °F (°C)||600° (315°)|
|Copper Strip Corrosion, D 4048||1b|
|4-Ball Weld, D 2596, kg||400|
|4-Ball Wear, D 2266, scar dia. mm||0.44|
|Corrosion Prevention, D 1743||Pass|
|Water Washout, D 1264||3% max|
|Oxidation Stability, D 942, psi loss 100hrs||5 max|
|BASE FLUID CHARACTERISTICS|
|Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt||175-195|
|Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt||20-25|
|Pour Point, °F (°C) max||-31°F (-35°C)|
|Flash Point, C.O.C. °F (°C)||450°F (232°C)|
LUBE-A-BOOM GREASE can be purchased through our dealers nationwide.